Inside the Office 公司內部
 1. I wonder if there's any possibility of our setting up an overseas branch.
 我想知道我們是否有可能成立海外分公司。
 2. Well, that's a difficult question and I suppose my answer is yes.
 嗯,這是個很難回答的問題,不過我想是有可能的。
 3. I'm afraid this bank won't advance the money. What shall we do?
 恐怕這家銀行不會貸這筆款給我們,我們該怎么辦?
 4. Well, what I suppose is this. We should try a joint venture in order to raise the necessary fund.
 嗯,我的建議是這樣的。我們該試試共同投資企業,以籌募所需的資金。
 5. Since Mr. Brown's been offered a better job by another firm. Is there anyone to replace him?
 既然布朗先生有了另一家公司的更好職位,有誰要接替他的工作嗎?
 6. I just can't think of anyone offhand, but there should be somebody we'd like to promote.
 我無法馬上想出誰來,不過,應該有人可以提拔。
 7. I wish I didn't have to say this, but the board of directors has agreed to cut down on the present staff.
 真希望我不必跟你說這些,但是董事會已經同意裁員。
 8. I knew sooner or later this would come.
 我知道這是遲早會發生的。
 9. To be honest, since you are not in a position to make any decision, you shouldn't have committed yourself.
 老實說,既然你不是處于決策者的位置,你就不應該作承諾。
 10. Say, how about joining me for dinner somewhere after we get through with this?
 嘿,辦完這事之后,和我一起找個地方共進晚餐如何?
 11. That's a superb idea! In that case, why don't we invite Miss Green to come with us?
 真是好主意!如果那樣的話,我們何不邀請格林小姐一起去?
 12. I wish I could. But she's left for the day.
 我希望可以。不過她已經走了。